Try our Premium Courses
For people who appreciate high quality
Online EV design & development courses by experts, with industry-recognized certificates.
- To develop talent in the field of electric vehicle technology
- To develop skills to solve limitations and issues of electric mobility
- To develop talent for future EV industries
- To create best research environment in the field of electric vehicle technology
- To produce entrepreneurs in the field of EV technologies
Scope of Employment
- Issues like global warming and air pollution united whole world to take care of our environment. Government of many countries planned to ban production and future sale of IC engine-based vehicles to reduce CO2 emission. India is one of them decided to ban ICE from year 2030. Thus, including India whole world is promoting electrical propulsion system in all field. Electric vehicle including two-wheeler, three-wheeler, Cars & busses are major attractions. Numbers of start-up have been registered in electric vehicle segment in last few years. Improving density and reduction in li-ion battery cost slowly and steadily boosting up electrical vehicle market.
- The Government of India encourages foreign investment in the automobile sector by allowing 100 percent FDI under the automatic route.
- The Government of India aims to make automobile manufacturing the main driver of “Make in India” initiative, as it expects the passenger vehicles market to triple to 9.4 million units by 2026, as highlighted in the Auto Mission Plan (AMP) 2016-26.
- India levies an import tax of 125% on foreign imported cars, while the import tax on components such as gearboxes, airbags, drive axles, is 10%. Therefore, the taxes encourage cars to be assembled in India rather than be imported as completely built units.
- The government has formulated a Scheme for Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of Electric and Hybrid Vehicles (FAME) in India, under the National Electric Mobility Mission 2020, to encourage the progressive introduction of reliable, affordable, and efficient electric and hybrid vehicles into the country.
- Beside government is also realizing requirement of large charging infrastructure to deal with issue like range anxiety and reliability of electric vehicles. Currently Indian government had decided to install charging infrastructure at every 3 km for 50 selected cities.
- It results in opening new door of huge career opportunities in engineering & technology filed worldwide.
- As per reported in India Times, Sep-2018, Electrical Vehicle makers facing shortage of engineers. EV industries India will required 15000 engineers over next two years or so according to reliable sources.
- And over the next two years, demand is expected to rise three-fold to 15,000 but the supply is expected to be 10,000. Automobile companies such as Tata Motors, Mercedes-Benz, Mahindra & Mahindra and Maruti Suzuki are queueing up at India’s premier engineering institutes to attract top talent in EV technology.